Junior Knights Band
Students in grades 5-8 are welcome!
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN!
The Junior Knights Band Program (JKB) exists to provide opportunities for students in grades 5-8 to develop instrumental music skills and guide them in playing music for their Savior.
AT A GLANCE...
- Weekly Private Lessons - 20 minute lessons at student's school
- Instruments We Teach - Flute, Clarinet, *Oboe, *Basoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, **Percussion (*oboe and bassoon require one previous year of band instruction on a woodwind instrument; **percussion requires two previous years of piano instruction)
- Sabre Band - (Beginner Band) All first-year band members are part of this large ensemble that meets at Luther High School
- Lancer Band - All second through fourth-year players are part of this large ensemble that meets at Luther High School
- Concerts - Students put their practice on display at concerts at the end of each group band session
- Individual & Small Ensemble Opportunities - Students in grades 7-8 may participate in the regional Solo and Ensemble Festival. JKB students also perform solos or small ensembles for the Spring Science and Fine Arts Fair.
- Select Honors Groups - Students in grades 7-8 may be nominated for the annual WELS Middle School Honor Band. (Final selection is made by the Honors Band Committee)